среда, 15 октября 2008 г.

education quotes martin luther king




I have to catch a bus at five thirty tomorrow morning, and I will spend until midnight EST in transit, so I probably wonapos;t have time to post again.� This day is probably going to be spent
�shoving grocery bags of laundry back into my suitcase, metaphorically gathering up odds and ends -- doing a few little things I wanted to do during the time I was here and procrastinated on doing, picking up early Christmas presents for my brother and grandmother, and possibly finally getting to the Japanese American National Museum. (Either weapos;ve both been too tired or itapos;s been closed the last couple of times weapos;ve tried to go see it, so Iapos;ll go see it by myself and Eric can follow me up later.)

Itapos;s been two years since I first started visiting LA, and itapos;s been fun to see the city grow and change during that time.� Visiting every six to eight months has given me an unusual perspective on the evolution of� a city, and thatapos;s something Iapos;m going to miss, even though having Eric back in New England will be completely worth losing mere perspective.� People who know me well know how much I hate endings and goodbyes.� (When I was little, I used to cry inconsolably at the ends of movies because I didnapos;t want them to be over.) When I heard Eric was coming back to Boston, I almost canceled my trip out here because I didnapos;t want to know I was doing everything for "the last time".� (Well, and also to save money for when Eric did come back, but my compulsion to avoid goodbyes was a looming factor in my decision.)�

Iapos;m glad I didnapos;t cancel. Not only would five months have been way too long to go without seeing Eric (the realization of this little fact being what compelled me not to cancel) but I think that in getting to say goodbye to a city, Iapos;ve come to terms with the city.� Los Angeles is in no way, shape, or form an easy city to like.� However, itapos;s craziness gives it a vulnerability that is usually pretty easy to love.

Iapos;ll probably come back to LA many times in my life, but this particular epoch will be over at five thirty am tomorrow.� Just saying that feels so weird.




Nota Bene:� The fires are in Sun Valley, which is in the San Fernando Valley, which is far east of here and usually about ten degrees warmer and significantly (*shudder*) drier.


education quotes martin luther king, education quotes thomas jefferson.



Комментариев нет: