четверг, 16 октября 2008 г.

collision deformation speed vehicle





I have a new resident on (outside) windowsill.

This guy...

���������������������

.... Or rather, this girl�if the description I�just read is correct.

It took me a bit to find out what it was because a search for "big brown spider in Michigan" yields quite a few results. ~snerk~

Anyway, sheapos;s a Cross Spider (Araneus diadematus) and apparently sheapos;s farily common, but Iapos;ve never seen one before. She spins a very large, and very beautiful web which connects from my raised porch, down to my patio table, and up again to my window. Itapos;s quite impressive. Easily over a foot in diameter, and if you count the "support beams" itapos;s actually several feet wide.

The reason I�keep calling her a apos;sheapos;... Well, according to the description, apparently males sit in the middle of their webs waiting for any juicy bits to come their way, but the females - being the intellegent and skillful creatures that they are :) - sit at the very edge of their web (out of sight) and keep only one leg on one strand of their web, feeling the vibrations for a sign that prey has gotten tangled in her trap. I think thatapos;s pretty snazzy. Lol

Just thought Iapos;d share my new resident with you all. I donapos;t know how long sheapos;ll stick around but Iapos;ve been going out on the porch and checking her out each day along with her big olapos; web (which she rebuilds every single day).

I�told you it was completely random. :)

budgeting college life post, collision deformation speed vehicle, collision definition insurance, collision definition.



Комментариев нет: